Information for Clients

WELCOME! This website is full of information to help you learn more about us and our programs and services. Please review the information and we will be happy to answer any questions you may have.

In addition to the information on this website, here is a copy of an Orientation to Services Handbook for more information about your rights as a client of NOSP and other important information you may have about accessing services with us.

Follow the links below to learn more about:

Privacy/Confidentiality | Making a Complaint | Providing Feedback



You have a right to confidential service. Information about you or your child cannot be given to others outside the Agency unless you have given your permission. In exceptional situations, the Agency is required to release information by federal or provincial law. These circumstances include the reporting of abuse or the identification of a child/youth who may be at risk of harming themselves or others.

For complete details, please refer to the Privacy statement available from an NOSP Counsellor or as posted in each office.

How Do We Protect Your Information?

Your child and family’s information is kept confidential. Only the people who need to see your clinical record are allowed to see it. All agents of NOSP including staff, directors, volunteers and accreditors are bound by a statement of confidentiality. Your personal information, whether stored in paper or electronic format, is protected by physical and electronic measures. We keep personal information only as long as needed to meet the purpose for which it was collected, as required by law or in accordance with a specific Agency policy.

Our Privacy Officer

Bobby Jo Smith
Executive Director
Tel: 807-876-2235, ext 707


Making a Complaint

If you have concerns or complaints, we want to hear from you. For example:

  • You may feel you are not being treated respectfully by our staff
  • You are not comfortable with what is happening in meetings or treatment
  • You feel your rights have been violated
Here are the steps to take if you have a problem:
1. Talk to your Worker(s)

First try to talk to your Worker(s) to resolve the problem.
If you talk to your Worker(s) and you cannot resolve the problem, then go to the Supervisor or Regional Manager.
If you do not want to tell your Worker(s) how you feel, then you can ask to talk to the Regional Manager first.

2. Talk to the Regional Manager

Tell the Regional Manager that you have some concerns. Let the Regional Manager know:

  • What the problem is
  • What you have done about it
  • What you want to happen now
  • You may have to put this in writing. We can assist you with this if needed

The Regional Manager will look into any problems right away and may call meetings with everyone to discuss concerns. The Regional Manager will get back to you within 10 working days to let you know what has been done to address the problem.

3. Talk to the Executive Director

If you are still not satisfied with the result, you can call or write to the Executive Director. The Executive Director will write to you within 10 working days to let you know what has been done to address the problem.

Remember, at any time you can contact the Office of the Provincial Advocate for Children and Youth. Call 1-800-263-2841 at any time or email