Walk-In/Talk-In counselling is solution-focused, strength-based and client driven, following a single session model.
NOSP has up to four (4) sessions/day available, from Monday to Friday. These sessions are available on a first-come/first-serve basis so we encourage you to call early in the day, to book a time for between 10:00am and 3:00pm. When you call in, one of our Program Assistants will get some preliminary information from you, in anticipation of the appointment, and will provide you with your appointment time.
A session can occur:
- over the phone;
- virtually, from the comfort of your own home, if you have access to technology;
- virtually, from within an NOSP office - if you don't have your own technology, NOSP can provide you with a private space and computer, in the office closest to you, in order for you to meet with one of our counsellors via ZOOM; or
- depending on the location of the counsellor who is providing the walk-in/talk-in service on any given day, there may be opportunity to meet with that counsellor in person.
Check out the attached Walk-In/Talk-In calendar for a complete list of Walk-in/Talk-in Clinics across the City and District of Thunder Bay.
What can I talk about during a walk-in single session?
- Feeling sad or anxious
- Relationship Issues
- Parenting issues
- Teen issues
- Adjusting to new diagnosis
- Managing Stress
- Life changes or challenges
- Grief and loss
- Feeling overwhelmed
- Addictions (personal/loved one)
Proudly governed, managed and delivered within the District of Thunder Bay since 1983, North of Superior Counselling Programs (NOSP) continues to be committed to being a leading provider of community-based mental health and addiction services across the lifespan.
The NOSP Board, Management and Staff respectfully acknowledge the Robinson Superior Treaty Area and Treaty 9 that the NOSP Service Area falls within (District of Thunder Bay).