Accessing NOSPLearn More
Referral FormLearn More
The Referral Flow ProcessLearn More
Hospital Referrals & CallsLearn More
How to Access NOSP
Adults, children/youth, families and other service providers can access NOSP services by the following methods:
When you need someone to talk to, the Walk-in Clinic offers free and confidential single sessions. Call for more information.LEARN MORE ABOUT WALK-IN CLINICS
PHONE / FAX
Speak to one of our friendly staff.CONTACT US
Reach us by mail at any of our eight locationsCONTACT US
THE ACCESS NETWORK
The Access Network provides a single point of access to children’s services and supports for families in Thunder Bay & District.
Call 1-855-486-5037LEARN MORE
For more information, or to book an appointment, call:
Learn What to Expect
Download our Orientation to Services Manual
The Referral Flow Process
Once a referral is received:
- The referral form is reviewed for completeness by our site Program Assistant (PA). If the referral form is missing required information, the PA will follow-up with the referent to collect the additional information needed.
- Upon the referral being complete, the referral is transferred to NOSP’s Centralized Intake Clinician (CIC).
- The CIC will contact the referred individual in order to complete the initial intake assessment for services. This initial intake will generally take place over the phone but can also be completed virtually or in-person, as required and/or as requested by the individual.
- The CIC will facilitate access to NOSP services. If the individual requires services that cannot be provided by NOSP, the CIC will support the individual with a referral to the appropriate service(s).
- Based on NOSP service(s) referred to, and corresponding waitlist, the individual may have the opportunity to have services initiated immediately or may be required to be placed on a waitlist. The CIC will inform the individual of what they can expect in terms of wait time.
- Upon the service(s) in question being available, the individual will be contacted by the assigned NOSP worker, at which time the initial appointment for service(s) will be discussed and arranged.
Hospital Referrals & Calls
When NOSP receives a referral or call from the Hospital, NOSP will do its best to have a Counsellor meet with the client in hospital as soon as possible. Initial assessment, safety and follow-up plans are created with client (and family depending on age) as well as follow-up support and ongoing services.
Proudly governed, managed and delivered within the District of Thunder Bay since 1983, North of Superior Counselling Programs (NOSP) continues to be committed to being a leading provider of community-based mental health and addiction services across the lifespan.
The NOSP Board, Management and Staff respectfully acknowledge the Robinson Superior Treaty Area and Treaty 9 that the NOSP Service Area falls within (District of Thunder Bay).
16 Front Street, Nipigon, ON. P0T 2J0
1-807-887-2632 VIEW ON GOOGLE MAPS
211 Walker Street
1-807-824-3236 VIEW ON GOOGLE MAPS
51 Peninsula Road
1-807-229-0607 VIEW ON GOOGLE MAPS
1 Clinic Road
1-807-826-4517 VIEW ON GOOGLE MAPS
99 Skinner Avenue
1-807-876-2235 VIEW ON GOOGLE MAPS
423 Main St. Unit 3
1-807-854-1321 VIEW ON GOOGLE MAPS
111 Queen Street
1-807-583-2213 VIEW ON GOOGLE MAPS